Our Timeline 1840

The California Methodist church was first organized at Brush Creek in the home of Perry Bailey.

 Perry Bailey and wife, Andrew Bailey and wife, Thomas Hightower and wife, and Edmund Snodgrass and wife were the charter members.

1847

The services were moved to California and the congregation met at the courthouse.

1855

California United Methodist Church was built.

1926

The church was remodeled with brick veneer, a  new basement, enlarged auditorium, and a new organ  was installed. The church had a membership of 240 people.

1954

An Educational Building was added.

1964

The church was modernized complete with new pews, organs, lights, carpet, alter, pulpit, and communion rail.

1999

The sanctuary was completely renovated and turned so the congregation faced the West.

 

Sunday Meetings
School

9 AM

Service

10 AM

© 2015 California Methodist Church